EAST-WEST THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE, LLC
510 Park Road North, Wyomissing, PA 19610
Phone (610) 375-7520
SCHOOL OF THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE AND SHIATSU THERAPY
If you are considering enrollment at EWSMT, you should visit our facility and talk with the School Director to ensure that our programs and instructional philosophy meet your expectations. Arrangements can be made for you to attend a current class session, or we can also put you in touch with our graduates for their impressions of our programs. Because you will be making a substantial investment in terms of time, money and effort, it is important to give serious consideration to how well the school matches your desires and expectations.
EAST WEST BACKGROUND
East West Massage Therapy was established in 1989 by Marilyn McGrath. She retired from teaching after 30 years in the public school system. She studied massage therapy at Kripalu in Massachusetts, and Shiatsu bodywork at the International School of Shiatsu in Pennsylvania. The Massage School began in 1996 when it was approved by the PA Dept. of Education. An LLC partnership was officially formed in 2005. Marilyn was a firm believer in combining the best aspects of Western Medicine and Eastern Medicine in her teaching philosophy and in her approach to hands-on healing. She provided a holistic setting—to include mind, body, and spirit, in her instruction and helping clients to be free of pain. This mindset is imbued in our dedicated, professional therapeutic staff and the instructors in our massage school.
l. to r. Rod,Jr, Marilyn, Rod, Sr
Educational Objectives of our Programs:
* Each student will be eligible for an entry-level position as a Massage Therapist or Shiatsu Practitioner.
* Each student will demonstrate a high level of proficiency in Therapeutic Massage and Swedish Massage and/or Shiatsu Therapy.
* Each student will develop an understanding of the relationship of several bodywork disciplines and demonstrate this understanding in their work. Each student will have a working knowledge of anatomy and physiology within the theory and practice of massage modalities.
* Each student will be knowledgeable of the requirements necessary when establishing a private practice and when working in an established setting.
* Each student will be aware of self-care and wellness measures necessary to establish the strength and health necessary to practice massage therapy.
* Each student will be provided a safe and supervised learning experience.
* Each student will demonstrate professional attitudes and ethical practices in all interactions with clients, students, co-workers, staff, and other health professionals.
East-West offers continuing education classes for therapists who wish to broaden their skills, meet PA State Licensing requirements, or brush up on certain techniques. Therefore, costs for these workshops are maintained at reasonable rates.
Both programs include extensive study of Anatomy & Physiology (175 classroom hrs), and Professional Development, Business Skills, and Community Outreach.
Class size is limited, ensuring personal attention to each student. All instructors have extensive bodywork training and teaching experience.
If considering enrollment at EWSMT, you should visit our facility to meet with the school director to ensure that our programs and instructional philosophy align with your expectations.
We encourage you to speak to our graduates, our instructors, and current students for feedback about our programs. Choosing the proper school is a very important decision.